Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Secret Ingredient

Thursday Newspaper Strip Day.

When I went away for a week I tried to find out a way to post a week's worth of posts in advance. To fill them I had assembled a longer run of Mel Graff's Secret Agent X-9. This strip was started by Alex Raymond and drawn by a number of artists until Mel Graff took over in the forties. This longer war-time story comes from a paper which printed a wee's worth of strips every week. My run starts in May 1941, skips one week and then goes on continuously until the end of September. I'll be sharing it with you over the next couple of weeks. He comes from doing a spot on Noel Caniff imitation on Patsy, but already how own softer personal style is showing through.




1 comment:

Smurfswacker said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for posting these dailies.