Monday, February 27, 2012

Cartoons With A View

Monday Cartoon Day.

Dave Gerard started selling cartoons in 1932. His his/her cartoon Viewpoint was a regular feature in Collier's before he turned it into a daily panel. After that he launched Will-Yum. In the late fifties he added a series called City Hall. I have shown both here in michrofiche and original scans. I have a huge load of new magazines waiting to be scanned with lots of cartoons by all my favorites (Walker, Ketcham and Gerard) as well as illustrated biograhies of Walker and Gerard. I will try and ad Gerard's piece tomorrow. I kove his loose line, surprisingly modern for his time and age. I wonder how much he influenced Mort Walker.



























1 comment:

Mike Lynch said...

These are great, Ger! Keep 'em coming!!!