Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Lots of Fung

Wednesday Advertising Day.

A couple of newly scanned oddball ads. The first one seems to be by Dik Browne in a different style than his usual one. The princess has his unique look, though. The Dumb Dora ads are by Paul Fung and delightful as ever. I showed one more in color and a couple of Paul Fung's other ads in previous posts. I also added two of those in black and white.

2 comments:

John on the Sunset Coast said...

Mijnheer Apeldoorn--Shredded Ralston is still available (at least in USA), but is known now as Wheat Chex. Shredded Ralston was a sponsor of the Tom Mix radio show in the 1940s, but I don't know if it was advertised in the Tom Mix comic book.
John Hindsill

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Looking back on it, the woman in the first (one tier) ad look very much like it was done by Dik Browne.