Thursday, April 21, 2016

Come Along And Look At This

Thursday Story Strip Day.

I may have said it before, but I don't know of any reason why Dan Spiegle's five year run on Hopalong Cassidy should not be reprinted. Maybe western strips aren't deemed commercial, but the art makes up for that abundantly. Maybe there are copyright complications, but they are there to be solved. And from what I have seen, it would certainly nog be difficult to get a nice set of clippins to scan from. These I got from an online paysource and they are better than these thing usually are. Including a couple of very nice black and whote versions of the Sundays - which were so lushly colored that most microfiche copies of the colored strips are very dark and unreadable. This is a full month from the earliest period of the strip, with just a couple of dailies missing.


2 comments:

W.W.Olsen said...

I have access to syndicate prints of the HOPALONG CASSIDY-strip. Further info: wejpol@yahoo.com

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I'll be in touch.