Monday, July 04, 2016

Running With Holey Men

Thursday Story Strip Day.

Some time ago I shared a longer run of Mike Roy's The Saint from late 1950 that I believe to have been inked by Jack Davis. Here is the rest of my Saint collection (for as far as I haven't already shared it, so follow the link for more).

It starts with some very early black and white scans of dailies and Sundays, going from Mike Roy to more of the possible inked by Jack Davis ones, to Frank Springer's run throughout the fifties (including many color Sundays I ahven't shared yet) including a couple of originals and even a Doug Wildey Sunday at the end. Doug Wildey fmously took over the strip in 1961 and kept it going until 1967 - but apart from one original I have never seen any samples from beyond 1962.






3 comments:

Venkitachalam Subramanian said...

Did u share these in Dec 2014?

Allan Holtz said...

Hi Ger -- Where did you get the idea that the strip ran until 1967? I have it ending 9/16/1961. -- Allan

Ger Apeldoorn said...

From an original piece of art I saw somewhere and can't find anymore. It was advertisied as being from 1967, but I have never found anything after 1961. So maybe it was misread by the seller.