Monday, August 01, 2016

Puff The Magic Advertising Tool

Wednesday Advertising Day.

I think I first became a fan os Bob Bugg's work when I came across his Sgt. Bilko Camels ads. They were one of the first series i actively collected and I am proud to say I think I got all of them (which you can see if you follow the link). Imagine my surprise when I found that he did another cigarette ad series, this time for Winston's (also from Reynolds, the coigarette company that cares about comic advertising). I showed as many of those as I can, resorting to poorer black and white copies from online sources to get a complete as possible. So now I have not only found two more of my own, I also found out that the I Love Comix site, who do what I do (share comic Sunday comic strips) in a more organized fashion. I have linked to them before and noted that they sometimes use my scans as well. All for the greater good. So I went back and copied what I have of Bob Bugg's 'other' cigerette series, a delightful satirical set and added the new ones to form a new 'compelte' set.






3 comments:

Peter Huggan said...

wow, I can see why you're a fan of Bob Bugg! Those train drawings are great!

Ger Apeldoorn said...

What drew me first were his hands. So elegant and so expressive.

Peter Huggan said...

that's true, that hands are great! Did he come from one of the animation studios? Only animation people draw hands like that.