Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fine Stuff

Saturday Leftover Day.

I have shown a lot of the ad work of Lou Fine from the late forties to the mid fifties. In the late fifties and into the sixties he had a soap opera strip called Adam Ames. In the early sixties he drew Space Conquerors for Boy's Life. After that he tried his luck with a detective stripped called Peter Scratch. And after that he returned to Space Conquerors. So what did he do when his ad works dropped in the early fifties until he started Adam Ames? I have not yet found out, but here is a series of ads he did in the issues of Boy's Life, which as you can see was specificly targetted at the Boy Scout audience. This is the first time I am using a TIFF instead of a JPG image. I am surprised to see that the quality on the blog isn't too good. But it is better is you click it, I promise.






1 comment:

Florida Horseman said...

Stumbled across this site. Love the old Boy's Life ads. I remember them as a scout many years ago.