Monday, September 26, 2022

A Word About The Wise

Saturday Leftover Day. 

Last week I shared some samples of Jack O'Brien's early sixties daily panel Cool Cat. I mentioned that I think he was a career army man from the early forties to the mid fifties, while building an impressive client list for his cartoons. From 1955 onwards he was also a regular contributor to the American Armed Forces Features. I have shared some of his work from that the pre-made Sunday section for army papers, but not yet his main feature, called The Wise Guy. As far as I can see, he did that strip once a week for over ten years. My sampels are from an internet source that has 1956 and at least two other years missing. Copies are hard to find, so if you have any, please tell me.








































 

No comments: