Friday, April 04, 2008

Prehistoric B.C.

Like many newspaper strips, B.C. was never republished a lot beyond the paperback series of the late sixties. An Australian company did yearbooks, reprinting whole runs in glue-backed magazine sized collections. I have not got a lot of their B.C. reprints, most of what I have i The Wizard of Id, but I do have one reprinting strip with the two unnamed girls through the years. This starts with some very early strips, some even from the first weeks. I couldn't use them in my Stripschrift article because the printing is pretty bad, but their loss is the internet's gain.


1 comment:

Richard Ranke said...

I wish there would be more books here in America that would reprint B.C. in it's entirety. I used to follow this strip up regularly and I'd love to have more reprint books besides the Fawcett Paperbacks I've gotten.