Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mjammie

Wednesday Advertising Day.

As promised here are the last three months of my stack of copies from Harvey Kurtzman's one year stint as a regular contributor of Madison Avenue Magazine. As you can see, I am missing june, august and october. I don't know if there were any issues in those months. If anyone has ever seen an actual issue of this magazine, I'd be very interested to see it. I am curious if Kurtzman had any sort of introduction and the magazine on the whole seems like a lot of fun.

September:




November:



December:

2 comments:

joe ackerman said...

these are beautiful. did Harvey Kurtzman ever do anything that was rubbish?

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Not in my opinion. Even the earliest work I have is interesting because it shows his growth as an artist.