Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Gloom No Joy

Wednesday Advertising Day

I mentioned but hadn't shown the other comic ad series `postum used in the late thirties and early forties. First I thought they tried something else when Mr. Coffee Nerves artists Noel Sickles and Milt Caniff backed out of their job, but it isn't as clear cut as that. These ads (certainly the later ones) maye have been the work of Paul Fung (Sr.), who signed one of the later ones I showed earlir.

Feb 15 1936:


Late 1936:


Date unknown:


Feb 21 1937:


Early 1937:


July 4 1937:


Jan 23 1938:


Date unknown 1938:

1 comment:

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Thanks for posting these!
If anyone reding this blog have any Paul Fung strips for sale please feel free to contact me.
(sekvenskonst @ telia dot com )
I'm interested in both original art and tearsheets.