Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tailbait

Friday Comic Book Day.

Ponytail was big enough to make it into a comic book series for Dell (and later Charlton). Unfortunately, I was only able to find one from the Charlton run, which I like less. For me, his style became a bit to loose towards the end. I do think he did these himselfm=, though. If you want a loo at some of the older stuff, go to Sherm Cohen's Cartoon Snap (http://cartoonsnap.blogspot.com/search?q=lee+holley) for a few stories from a Dell issue and some other useful links.









3 comments:

rnigma said...

It looks like Frank Hill's lettering; perhaps Hill may have assisted?

Aaronibus said...

I found that issue once in a second hand bookstore with some other issues around the mid 70s. I so wish I had held onto them. I had a mad crush on Ponytail at the time :)

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Thanks Aaron, Ponytail actually is still being published in a Dutch grils magazine right now...