Monday, March 07, 2011

Pearls of Bailey

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

In celebration of Beetle Bailey upcoming 60th year in the army, here are some more of his funniest strips. This time, I am showing a couple of later strips. Or at least, not as early as the one I usually show. These all feature the later Sgt. Snorkel, the one with the single line around his eyes. As far as I can see, Sgt. Snorkel lost the bags under his eyes somewhere late in 1964. Is that the reason Titan started their reprint series in 1965? So the poor old readers wouldn't get confused?

Talking about the Titan Complete Beetle Baily 1965 book, if you like these strips, go out an buy this book. It may prompt them to continue the series. One thing I have to check. I seem to remember the 'protest' gags from january of 1966 from the end of that book. Am I misremembering or does the Titan book run into 1966? I'll have to have a look...






























































1 comment:

rodineisilveira said...

Ger Apeldoorn,

Great selection, involving the Beetle Bailey daily strips and Sunday pages from the 60s, 70s and part of the 80s, including a sequence of strips from 1965, involving Rocky and the beatniks making protest marchs in front of the Camp Swampy.
And I'd like that you'd visit the Mort Walker's official site on the Internet, whose link is the following: http://mortwalker.com.
I wish you good luck on this visit!