Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fundie

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

Everytime I look at Blondie, I am impressed by the liveness of the drawing and how funny it can be. But somhow, I never want to have a look at it. There is something so inherantly bland about this strip, that it repulses the reader. I think the best years are in and around the fifties, especially in the Sundays. There is a lot of very good action cartooning going on, that later seems to have disapeared. Another thing you can not see here, is that you should really see this strip in it's (usually) four tier wide panel version instead of the three tier square one. The wider version really lets the action breathe. Why anyone would think you ca just cut down those panels, is beyond me.





















































No comments: