Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Make War, Not Love

Wednesday Advertising Day.

This is slowly turning into an oddity week, which won't do a lot of good for the traffic figures to my blog. But these are too good to pass over. Modern Models is a feature that started in late 1940. I don't know how long it ran (and will try to find out) but here are the first two months. For some reason there seems to be no entry for December the 29th.

After those, I have a series of special ads.











While clipping these, I also ran across a series of Nestlé ads by Jack Betts. Betts is known for the long running Neddy Nestlé series, but these seem to predate them. There are no entries for december 1940, so these may be the first of Betts' ads for Nestlé alltogether. They were signed and ran atypically once a week.




1 comment:

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Anyone who builts one, please send me a photo to use here. It would be an occasion to go back and see how long this feature went on...