Thursday, October 20, 2011

More Merrie

Thursday Story Strip Day.

Merrie Chase caught my eye mostly because it was drawn by two artists who later made a name for themselves in comics, Carl Hubell and Paul Reinman. Hubbel started the strip in August 1949 and continued it into februari 1950, when it was taken over by Reinman in a completely different style. I previously showed some strips from that period of transition, di I have copied those here and added a few more I have foun dsince. It is not really enough to really get into the story, but this selection nicely covers all periods. Only while I am typing this, I realize I never had a good look when Reinman's run ended. It can't have been long after this.









































































































































No comments: