Friday, February 17, 2012

No Lazybone

Friday Comic Book Day.

Sometimes, it seems that wherever I go, I run into George Tuska. After sharing another episode of his late fifties Buck Rogers, I have a couple of earlier comic book pages from two books I have used in other posts. Louis Lazybones is the Frank Frazetta strip which may have been started by Art Gates. But here we have an episode by George Tuska. And while I am showing Morrt Meskin and Jerry Robinson's Black Terror stories on Sundays, after they left the series was carried on by Tuska as well. I find it remarkable how quickly he came into his own in the late forties. Here we see him developing his own style. I am not completely sure if he inked the first two stories himself. Then again, he almost never did.
































No comments: