Monday, March 05, 2012

Cartoon Marriage

Monday Extra Post.

After Doing my regular post for today, I saw that Jan Berenstain died on februari 24 at the age of 88. I had been in touch with the family a year or so ago, but I hadn't realized Jan was still alive. There is a pretty good bio on the comics reporter site (http://www.comicsreporter.com/). I have many of their cartoons in my Collier's folder, which I will share sometime soon. They also did a series of fun filled covers for Collier's some of which I shared earlier in color. But before becoming famous for their children's books Jan and Stan Berenstains claim to fame was the newspaper strip Sister. here is a color sample in their memory.

2 comments:

mathias said...

Who's Cliff Rogerson? Do you have a bio? tx

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I have no answer, neithe do I think I understand the question.