Monday, May 14, 2012

Gahan But Not Forgotten

Monday Cartoon Day.

If you like cartoons, you will now the name of Gahan Wilson. His work for Playboy (and other magazines) is weird, surreal and often very funny. He also had a Sunday cartoon feature between 1974 and 1976, which was tamer, but just as well drawn. A whole lot of earlier samples was shown on the Golden Age Comic Book Stories blog here: http://goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com/2010/02/beginning-week-of-humor-gahan-wilson.html If I am counting right, you'll get 63 episodes from these two blogs together.

My run seamlessly follows those and in fact, I think the older ones are better. But still, together they make for a nice lot and I hope you'll enjoy them.





























3 comments:

Rodrigo Baeza said...

Fantagraphics has scheduled a reprint of these strips for next year.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

And justly so. If they ask, I will remove these.

rodineisilveira said...

Ger Apeldoorn,

I've seen the Gahan Wilson's artworks at The New Yorker magazine.