Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lightweight Prince

Thursday Story Strip Day.

Some time ago I showed Lariar and Spranger's Bodyguard and mentioned that it was changed into The Bantam Prince not long before Carl Pfeufer took over the art chores. The samples I have here are from Pfeufer, although some of the color ones I have (as yet unscanned) are by Spranger. I regret not having a complete story, so I am uploading all of my cuttings from 1951 and 1952. There is much to ad, not in the least some of those unscanned Sundays.


Rich Clabaugh said...

Thanks so much for the post Ger! I had never heard of this comic strip or it's artists by now I'm VERY interested! Thanks again!!

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Just for that I will try and do some Sundays. Carl PfeuFer was an old hand. In fact, he had been doing The Torch for Timely in the forties. In the late fifties/early sixties he returned as the artist on Otto Binder's panel Our Space Age. I think the label will get you to some of those.

Rich Clabaugh said...

Sounds great,thanks so much!