Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lightweight Prince

Thursday Story Strip Day.

Some time ago I showed Lariar and Spranger's Bodyguard and mentioned that it was changed into The Bantam Prince not long before Carl Pfeufer took over the art chores. The samples I have here are from Pfeufer, although some of the color ones I have (as yet unscanned) are by Spranger. I regret not having a complete story, so I am uploading all of my cuttings from 1951 and 1952. There is much to ad, not in the least some of those unscanned Sundays.




































































































































3 comments:

Rich Clabaugh said...

Thanks so much for the post Ger! I had never heard of this comic strip or it's artists by now I'm VERY interested! Thanks again!!

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Just for that I will try and do some Sundays. Carl PfeuFer was an old hand. In fact, he had been doing The Torch for Timely in the forties. In the late fifties/early sixties he returned as the artist on Otto Binder's panel Our Space Age. I think the label will get you to some of those.

Rich Clabaugh said...

Sounds great,thanks so much!