Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where There Is Pfeufer...

Thursday Story Strip Day.

Back in November I shared a load of samples of Lariar and Pfeufer's The Bantam Prince, a funny adventure strip from the early fifties. Here is the rest I have from 1953 and 1954. This post is mostly for completion's sake. I know most of you will not read it all, or just gance at a Sunday here and there. And that is okay, I myself couldn't be bothered to get a complete set of Sundays and dailies either. I just picked them up wherever I came across them and now that I have discovered the black post function on Blogger I can finally put them all online at once. Still, it is not a bad strip and Carl Pfeufer as quite an important comic book artist in hs day - drawing most of the Sub-Mariner stoires in the forties. So now you can see what he did after that. Also, I always like to read the endings of strips, which you can do here as well, when the whole thing hhad ran it's course in februari 1954.

























































2 comments:

jhegenbe said...

Nice. and splitting the Sundays is fine with me. Thanks.

Rich Clabaugh said...

Thanks for all your efforts Ger! I think it's a neat find, I'd never heard of it before! Looks like the Prince went on a diet a some point! I'll have to read these closer when I'm at home. Thanks again!