Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Indian History

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

When I started this blog, I paid a lot of attention to a strip called Coogie by Irving Spector. A Sunday only strip from the early fifties in the Walt Kelly style, but even more zany and satirical. If I had more, I would have shown them all. If ever there was a strip that deserved a book (possibly in combination with the equally zany comic book work of Mr. Spector) this woul be it. Unfortunately, I have never come across anyne with a complete collection. Even Irv Spector's son, who used to have all the originals now only has half of them because he lost a box moving between houses...

Anyway, I found two I haven't shared yet. If you like them, be sure to check out the label.


By the way, Coogy started out as a one tier Sunday only strip in 1950. I may have found a source for more of those, but the condition is pretty bad.

No comments: