Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Gathering Moss

Tuesday Comic trip Day.

When I was a kid T. K. Ryan's western strip Tumbleweeds was in our paper and I loved it. I don't know why the sarcastic humor suited me so much at an early age, but it did. And I still like it. Of course we did not have Sundays - we just don't in Holland. So there was a lot to discover hen I started collecting newspaper strips. Tumbleweeds started in 1965, but the Sunday was added later, in 1967 I think. That would make these some of the earliest. I hope you like them, because I have much more where these came from.

3 comments:

Wumpsdad said...

I love Tumbleweeds, great memories from 1979 etc

Wumpsdad said...

Goeden avond Ger. Ben je ook een Tumbleweeds fan?

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Ik las het vroeger in de Volkskrant, net als Peter de wit. Grote fan. Ik heb drie vroege jaren zondagspagina's compleet.