Monday, September 21, 2015

Circus Act

Sunday Meskin Measures.

One moment you think you have covered everything and the next you find a whole set of stories you missed. Anyway, we go back to 1952 to show the two stories from Young Romance #46. I particulary like the circus story, a classic if ever I saw one. The second one seems more likely to have had some inking by George Roussos, although not as heavy handed as others. Both stories show what I consider to be the worst feature of the Prize romance books... dul coloring. Although I usually go for reprints that have the original colors, I would love to see how these stories would look if they were treated with a better palette. If there is anyone out there who would like to have a go, I'd love to see it and share it here. I wouldn't go for the full modern treatment with 3d touches, jus a little bet less of the secondary colors. After a couple of page the orange, green and blue just become one big blur.

No comments: