Monday, May 01, 2017

Get Your Goobers Now

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

As I understand it my new book Behaving Madly, about the rare and often unseen Mad magazine imitations of the late fifties, is printed and on it's way to the US. This means, pretty soon I will be starting a Facebook page to promote the contents there. I have decided on a format. I will show sample pages from the book and tell a little bit about them. Without reprinting complete stories, so you will have to buy the book if you want to see more. After a couple of months I will use that page (and probably some days here as well) to show you all the magnificent stuff that didn't make it into the book. I do not want to start with it, because I don't want to give you the impression that this is something that you will find in there (although all of it is mentioned in the accompanying article). I am excited to go an ddo this. And because this is comic strip day, let me open with this parody of Peanuts from Crazy Vol 4 #7, by Jack O'Brien. O'Brien was a cartoonist who packaged several later issues of Charlton's Crazy magazine, one of the longest running Mad imitations. It also has the most convoluted publishing history, which is all explained in a handy sidebar with the article.

No comments: