Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Only Way To Behave

Wednesday Advertising Day.

Today, I got a comp copy of my book Behaving Madly. That means the book is in the warehouse and might be delivered sooner than the official Amazon date of August 8th. Which means today I am scrambling to get a press release out, because you only have one shot at these things.

Now the interest in this book is so great, that the first printing may sell out soon, so get your copy at Amazon now and wait behind the front door (as I did for the last month, which explains why I was so hungry when it did come).

I am very pleased with the reults. In the past, the prevelent opinion about Mad's imitators was that they were all garbage and not worth looking at. In later years Cracked, Sick and Marvel's Crazy dominated the field and left the impression that all of the imitators were a juvenile affair.

Well, this book proves that this was not the case. Some imiators were uvenile, some were almost horror magazines, some were text heavy, others were fully illustrated. But all of them were using top talent from the business, names such as Joe Kubert, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Syd Shores, Jack Davis, Bill Elder, Al Jaffee, John Severin, Bob Powell, Lee Elias, Angelo Torres and even Don heck. They are all in the book and more. Sometimes even with material that looks and reads better than the later Mad itself. Order your copy with the button on the right and I will make a couple of cents from it too.


4 comments:

gene sculatti said...

Am hoping to get my copy at San Diego's Comic-Con next month.
Don't think I've ever awaited a new book as eagerly as this one.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I still can't say for sure if there will be copies to be sold. I got mine, so IDW should have them. Anyway, I am going to be there as well. You can find me at one of Craig Yoe's presentations.

gene sculatti said...

Great. Will try and seek you out. So enjoyed your coverage of these mags in Alter Ego.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Good news, Gene. The book will be there and Craig and I will be signing on Friday 1-2 at the IDW booth.