Thursday, October 19, 2017

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Temporary problems week.

On Monday my mother had a fall and broke her hip. She now needs care 24/7 which my brother and I are providing. This means I am hopelessly behind on the blog, but don't despair. More will be coming as soon as I find the time.

For now I am leaving you with an image I prepared for the presentation of my book Behaving Madly at the American Book Center in Amsterdam. I will give a short show and tell about the book and a copy will be handed to famous dutch comic book and illustration artist Dick Matena. Dick was very much influenced by Mad in his early days and particulary Jack Davis. Of course, Davis is one of the main attractions in the book, so that all fits. For the announcement I used one of Dick's later drawings showing a clear Davis influence. It's from 1976 and was the cover of a sexual information magazine.




7 comments:

comicstripfan said...

Best wishes to you and your mother for her fast recovery-your blog is appreciated but is not that important right now.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Use the time to look for your favorites. And please tell me what they are, so I can prepare some more. Actually, it's the prepairing that is impossible right now because I have to be at home for it.

ranjan gangopadhyay said...

very sad news
hope your mother get well soon

John on the Sunset Coast said...

Hope your mother is having a good recovery.

tom said...

Sorry to hear, don't worry about the blog posts

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Slow progress. I may be starting posts on and off. Keep checking in.

RJDiogenes said...

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's injury. I hope she recovers completely and quickly. Good luck.