Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Questionable Material

Monday Cartoon Day.

In my quest to show every available Mort Walker cartoon, here is one of the few assignment he ever did. As far as I can tell he only did one piece for American Legion and two for Martin Goodman's Brief. These last two were done when he had in fact already stopped making new cartoons and they weren't inventory, because 1. they were made to order for articles and b. the magazine, Brief, did not start until 1954. So how they came about is unknown. I should have asked Mort when I saw him.

1 comment:

rodineisilveira said...

Sad news, Ger Apeldoorn.

Sadness in the Camp Swampy.
Mort Walker (who created Beetle Bailey) passed away at age 94.
I read about it in the Mark Evanier's blog, News from ME.
Here's the link: http://newsfromme.com/2018/01/27/mort-walker-r-i-p.
Enjoy to give a peek on it.

:-(