Saturday, April 07, 2018

Normal Services Will Resume

Saturday Apology Day.

I have not posted for a long time, because I am working on a new book here in Holland. It's about the Dutch comics magazine Eppo and if has strips like this one by my friend Peter de Wit. If you want to follow what I am doing, you can try the Facebook page De Jaren Eppo. I have to do a lot ofscanning for that book, which is why the scanning for this blog is lagging behind. And especially the cleaning up. I have so many more raw scans waiting to be prepared...





3 comments:

blog van michel said...

Geweldig!

rodineisilveira said...

This gag makes me reminding of a Beetle Bailey Sunday page of April 1973 (drawn by Mort Walker), showing mini-closes of Sarge Snorkel with a serious expression (this was during a Lt. Fuzz's lecture). And, to break that monotony, a mini-close of Sarge laughing!

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I once wrote an article for the Dutch fanzine Striprofiel about the so-called wallpaper gags, which Mort Walker mentiones in his book Behind the Strips. Although Peter de Wit is a friend and was the co-founder of Striprofiel, I am sure he was influenced by that book to do this one as well.