Saturday, June 08, 2019

Out Of Whack

Saturday Leftover Day.

A couple of years ago, I wrote an article for Alter Ego (it actually got so big it was spread over two issues) about all the Mad comic book imitations. I wanted to turn it into a book, but John Benson and Fantagraphics beat me to it. Instead I wrote a book about the Mad Magazine imitations Behaving Madly, which went on to win an Eisner Award nomination. If I had done the Mad comic book imitators book, I would have tried to include one of the stories from the 3D book Whack #1. But not as a 3D story. Last week I tried to see if I could turn the 3D story into a clear line 2D version and it went pretty well. For print, it would probably have needen even more restauration ans possibly some coloring. But here you are. I don't think there are many people who have actually read it (even if they have the 3D book with glasses). A Dick Tracy parody by none other than Joe Kubert.

No comments: