Sunday, December 20, 2020

How To Survive An Atomic War

 Sunday Surprise Day.

Hamilton Greene was an American illustrator, who works in pulps and man's magazines most of his life. There is a nice overview of his career here: https://www.pulpartists.com/Greene.html. I am slowly selling all of my magazines from the forties and fifties on Ebay and in one of the issues of Argosy I came across this wonderful piece about how to survive a nucleair attack. I guess you had to have been there (or not).

Greene also worked a lot for LIberty and The American Legion. I have many issues of both publications (rich in cartoons and illustrations) whoch I still have to index and put on Ebay. If you like that sort of stuff, drop by once in a while. My bay name is geapelde.








2 comments:

Mickey Yarber (Retro Rambler) said...

I love seeing old stuff like this. It's really such a time capsule to a vastly different time. Thanks for sharing.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Yes, more people should see how sure people were of their misconceptions. Maybe it would rock the rocksolid faith in their own fallacies.