Sunday, April 28, 2024

I Read It In A Book

Sunday Something Seuss Day. New magazines keep being added to the already substantial amount of downloadable material on The Internet Archive. Hey, even this blog is preserved on the Wayback Machine. But also scores of magazine form the forties and fifties, that allow me to look for my favorite cartoonists and illustrators. Here is a selection of short stories Dr. Seuss did for Redbook magazine (which had started as a magazine of adventurous historical stories, but by 1954 had become just another family magazine). I think all of them were reused in one of Dr. Suess' collections of short stories. But the art is sometimes different.

2 comments:

spantelic said...

Just dropping by to say thanks for all the awesome work you are doing! I have this bookmarked for further reading - it seems like there is enough material for 1 000 years =)

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I've been at it for over 15 years. In the first ten years I posted daily, but as time went on the posts got longer and longer. Sp I dropped to twice a week. Last year I had to drop out because other projects took longer than I expected. I ahve now dropped the obligfation to post with any regularity and I am doing more than I thought I would. I have enough material to keep going for a couple of years. And much more waiting to be scanned.