Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Your Homework For Today

Wednesday Apllied Comics Day.

When I started this blog I got quite a name by showing every kind of comic and cartoon strip journalism I could find. Most of them related to Harvey Kurtzman, who used the idea of having a comc strip artist do an illustrated report for himself and others in the late fifties and early sixties. One of those was by Paul Coker for Help. Not soon after that Paul Coker di one by himself for Car & Driver magazine. I don't know if he was some sort of regular contributor for them (I think he was a car enthousiast) s there may be more out there...



In the same issue there also is an illustration by Arnold Roth, another Kurtzman alumnea. Roth worked for al sorts of magazine in the sixties and seventies. Here we see him ding his best Ronald Searle impression for a British auto show.


No comments: