Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Five Year Plan

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

You may want to sit down for this one. Now that I have shown some of Dik Browne's advertising work from the late forties to the mid fifties, you might want to have anoher look at the ealy years of his and Mort Walker's Hi and Lois. I have sung the praises of this strip befoe, so now I'll do the next best thing to convince you of it's timeless quality: show it. I have included an erly week I have shown before, so you can see the stylistic growth of the strip all through what I consider to be the best years, roughly from 1956 to 1961. The clips are in every quality available, from microfiche internet clips to color scans I made from my on collection. I have shown many samples of this strip before, but these are all new. And there are more where they came from. So now sit back and relax and enjoy the work of three professionals at the peak of their abillities (because I am including co-writer Jerry Dumas, who worked with Mort Walker then and still contributes gags to Beetle Bailey and Hi and Lois).


















































































































No comments: