Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quack Team

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

Here are some more of the Donald Duck dailies Dutch artist Daan Jippes was involved with in 1986 and 1987. The first lot predate the december ones I showed earlier. In those early months he was part of a team, sometimes inking the work of others and sometimes only pencillining. In december he pencilled a while run, which I showed earlier. At the start of the new year Daan did more and more on his own, ending with doing most of the work o his own in February. Alan Holtz has a complete list (provided by Italian comics historian Alberto Becattini)m but the general gist of it is: if it looks like the work of Daan Jippes, it is by Daan Jippes. Which is fine by me.

I have to go back and fill some of the gaps (especially in January), but here is what I have at the moment.















































No comments: