Thursday, April 18, 2013

Meet Sketch McKown

Thursday Story Strip Day.

Here's a story that has been laying around in my files for a long time. I see a lot of Kerry Drake in my newspapers. It must have been a popular strip. And of course it was reprinted a lot in the cmic boks. But unlike that other strip that got their own reprint titles, like Dick Tracy, Terry and the Priates and The Phantom for instance, it never got the critical reputation. Was it because it was seen as a poor man's Dick Tracy without the outragous aspects? Anyway, usually don't spend my time scanning it either (hard as it is to get complete storylines without which it would be pointless), hee is a complete storyline in Sundays. Of course, there would have been dailies inbetween but I thnk you can follow these as well. The bonus is, that it features the writer and artist of a newspaper comic strip.















No comments: