Monday, January 05, 2015

The Buffoon Of Booze

Monday Cartoon Day.

Happy New Year and welcome back!

For the first time in a long time, I took a week off. All for a good cause, I had to install a new computer and basic account. I can upload a lot quicker now, which makes it easier to keep my appointments. Over the last few years the visits to this site have slowly been dropping, which I blame on Facebook. It is a great new way to reach a lot of people, but only on a blog like this can maintain the huge backlog as a permanent archive comic comic book and newspaper strip history. I want to save the contents of this site, so if anyone knows of a University that wants to host me, I am open to anything. In the meantime, I will keep posting. I have a new scanner and polishing programs as well, so I can promiss you a year full of visual marvels. Let's start off with some new material from an old favorite of mine, Virgil Partch. Last year saw the publication of my friend Jon Barli's book on the master of mad mayhem, but a large portion of his material remains unreprinted. Like this one, one of the few color pieces he did for True on on eof his favorite subjects... booze.



1 comment:

jhegenbe said...

Welcome back. Cooincidentally, I too took last week off. Feel great! I like Facebook for it's immediate foolishness posting, but it's not a good place to archive things progressivly over time.

VIP was one of my favorites too back in the pages of TRUE.