Monday, December 12, 2016

Power Trip

Sunday Meskin Measures.

The scans I use for this series of advertising booklets by George Roussos for General Electric come from The Digital Comics Museum. A completely legal (you won't find any copyrighted material there) site that collects comic books of all types and publishers. For this series I have contributed the raw scans of many of these books myself, as with this sample from 1953. In this particulary well drawn episode we can see George Roussos grow into his mature style. The detailed artwork may have been sketched by someone else. It certainly is of a level of detail in the depiction oif the characters nd the nature that was not normal for Roussos at this time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That really was beautifully drawn. Thanks for showing
Unusual comics like this which I would normally never see.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I hesitate to say it (and only then in the comments) but some panels look as if Alex Toth did the pencilling.