Friday, November 02, 2018

An Array of Ray

Saturday Story Strip Day.

I found a couple more Tom Corbett, space Cadet Sunday I had not scanned before. This remarkable strip by former Milt Caniff assistant Ray Bailey is one of the best collected strips on eBay. I don't know if my promting of this strip (and Bailey's strip before that, Bruce Gentry) is the reason they have gon up in price so much - but even outside of eBay they are always sold quickly and at high prices. I will add these three to my longer post with all of the dailies and Sundays. If you like this sort of thing, you can also look for the aforementioned Bruce Gentry and for a special treat link to Vesta West, Ray Bailey's first solo strip (from 1942) and the propaganda booklet Blockbusters from Oil, which Bailey also did in 1942. Both the Vesta West tearsheets and the Bluckbusters booklet are on sale on my eBay page right now, if you want to have the real thing: https://www.ebay.com/sch/gerapeldoorn/m.html?item=153237068726&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

2 comments:

James Conder said...

Have you ever seen Ray Baily and Paul Newman's one shot Buck Rogers comic from Gold Key?
It's interesting because rather than copy the look that George Tuska was using in the comic strip at the time, he had more of a modifies version of Buck's golden age look.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Thanks for the tip. I may have known about it, but never got it.