Sunday, November 18, 2018

Toth To A Flame

Sunday Toth Day.

This is the last Sierra Smith story alex Toth did for DC's Dale Evans Comics. After this I can go back and do the fifth one, I thought I did not have but found in another folder. After that, we go to other Toth drawn DC books. Toth had slowely been reaching his transformation from a illustrators school artist to a master of black and white. The story I showed last week was the pinnicle of that evolvement. After that, this weeks story seems a bit lacklustre. But it's still Toth...

6 comments:

Alejandro Capelo said...

Is the fourth page missing?

Smurfswacker said...

Is it possible this episode wasn't inked by Toth? I don't know who it might be, but the line seems slicker and more "DC-like" than the last story. Of course Alex might have been trying for that deliberately.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Hi, I had planned to include the accidentally not scanned fourth page from another source, but didn't execute that plan. And indeed, it flashed my mind as well that this story may have had another inker (which would explain it's lack of brilliance).

Unknown said...

You realize that by titling this installment as you did you're only encouraging people to mispronounce Toth's name.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

At least I didn't use Long In The Toth.

Alejandro Capelo said...

Thanks, Ger.