Thursday, June 09, 2011

Paige Turner

Thursday Story Strip Day.

This week, one of the visitors asked for some more Adam Ames and I replied that I have so many more story strips waiting to be covered, that I have to pick and choose. Since I loike to show whole stories and most storylines in the fifties and forties ran for three months, it takes quite an effort to find and copy a whole sequence. Here is an example of an interesting story strip from 1948 that fell by the wayside. It's one of those action detective thingies that were all the rage back then. The art is quite pretty even though the artist Don McCabe is unfamiliar to me. His nephew Tim McCabe has a blog, where mentions him briefly (http://timmccabe.blogspot.com). I would love to read a whole story, but there are so many other strips waiting to be gathered...






No comments: