Saturday, October 17, 2015

Nostranded

Friday Comic Book Day.

Howard Nostrand was a remarkable artist. He worked with Bob Powell for years, before branching out on his own. Saved fromonscurity by John Benson's intreview in Graphic Story Magazine, he is now among the most collected fifties artists and recieved the honor of a book just with his work from Craig Yoe. So when I came across this early romance quickie which seems to me to have been drawn by Nostrand, I immediately asked Craig. Problem is, taht at this time in his career Nostrand was still working with Powell and his destinctive style, which I think to see on the first page here, was not yet as developed as it later would be. Craig confessed not to know, either. So I am putting it out there. Nostrand or not Nostrand?

No comments: